We're located in the Old Power House (Building 315) at the Fort Worden State Park.
- Enter the Park through the Main Gate.
- At the four way stop go straight.
- Bear left around the Copper Canyon Press building.
- You'll see a big concrete building tucked into the hill. Park and wander on up.
Get Directions from Google Maps
View Larger Map
Getting to Port Townsend & Fort Worden
Port Townsend and Fort Worden are about 2 hours from downtown Seattle including a 30 minute ferry ride.
From SeaTac International Airport there are two routes:
- Head south into Tacoma and across the Tacoma Narrows bridge and up through Gig Harbour, Bremerton and then across the Hood Canal Bridge.
- Head north on I-5 to Edmonds and take the Ferry to Kingston and then across the Hood Canal Bridge.
These detailed directions to Port Townsend are excellent.
Enter Port Townsend on Route 20 and watch for the brown signs and follow them to Fort Worden.
Fort Worden and Port Townsend offer a wide array of accommodations.
Port Townsend is a popular tourist destination and accommodation in the Summer months can be hard to find. The weekend after Labour Day is the Wooden Boat Festival - accommodations is almost impossible to find - we don't offer courses that weekend.
PTGuide is a great and comprehensive guide to Port Townsend and the surrounding area.
The Port Townsend Leader (our wonderful local newspaper) gives you another view on great stuff to do in and around Port Townsend.
Port Townsend is pretty petite. You can get around by just walking. Fort Worden is 35-45 minutes walk from downtown depending on route. There are plenty of routes:
- You can walk along the beach from Point Hudson (at anything other than a really high tide)
- You can climb around up the Haller Steps, cut through Uptown and over Morgan Hill to the Fort
- Or check a map and create your own route
Jefferson Transit provides a good public transport system including a bus to Fort Worden.
Port Townsend is pretty bicycle friendly but there are hills in town - so you can get a good workout!