It's the details that make a Greene & Greene piece. In this class Darrell Peart shares a set of details that will expand your bag of tricks. You will be better prepared to tackle Greene and Greene projects. This Greene and Greene Details II class further explores and expands your Greene and Greene vocabulary.
We will make two pulls in the class:
- Blacker Triple Bar Pull (lower right photo) - each student will take home a CNC made jig for routing the bar cavities
- Dowel and Block Pull (upper left photo) - this is a James Krenov pull that goes well with Greene and Greene designs
Using a table saw with a dado head we will make finger joints in two versions. This method will allow you to produce accurate tight joints with one set-up - no matter the drawer size. Strategies for drawer construction will also be demonstrated.
- Drawer Fingers (lower left photo)
- Base Fingers (upper right photo)
Base Straps were used by Greene & Greene on the Ford Living Room Letter Case. It's a great detail for adding visual weight to a piece.
- Base Straps ( upper right photo)
Ebony Plugs are ubiquitous in Greene and Greene designs and are also covered in the Details I class.
- Ebony Plugs ( upper right & lower left photo)
You'll need to bring the following:
- Layout tools: Tape measure, a combination square, sharp pencil etc.
- 2 or 3 small chisels: 1/8" - 3/16" - 1/4" - 5/16" (Two Cherries is a good brand for these smaller chisels)
- Block plane or small bench plane.
Besides bringing a notebook, feel free to bring along a camera to make a visual record of the jigs and setups that you use in class.
Come join us for two enjoyable days full of Greene and Greene woodworking!
Note: This class is stand alone - it does not require you to have taken the Greene and Greene Details I class.
Class size: 14 (Minimum enrollment required: 8 students)
Materials Cost: $ 75
When you click on the Register link you will be able to register for the class or, if the class is full, sign up for the wait list.
|May 3 - 4
||Greene and Greene Details II
Note: Darrell teaches Greene and Greene Details I on April 12-13, 2014. These courses do not need to be taken sequentially - they are standalone.
If you'd like to ask questions - please feel free to contact us - (360) 344-4455 or by email.