- We require payment in advance.
- For our shorter (2-3 day) courses we ask for the full course fee in advance.
- For our longer (5-10 day) courses we ask for a one-third deposit at the time of registration. The balance of the course fee is due 30 days before the course starts. We will send you a reminder to pay the balance due 45 days before the course starts.
- If we have to cancel a course we will fully refund your course fee.
- If you have to cancel a course registration more than 30 days before the course starts we will refund your registration fee less a $75 administration charge.
- If you cancel a course registration less than 30 days before a course starts your course fee or deposit is non-refundable.
How can I tell if a class is full?
- Try to register for the class by clicking the Register link on a course description page. If the class is full the system will offer to wait list you - you can sign up for the wait list. If there are spaces on the course you can go ahead and register.
Explanation of Course Fees
- We charge a materials for most classes - this covers the cost of the wood and the time takes to prepare the kits. In some classes it will also cover the cost of dusts masks, abrasives, finishes etc.
- In project classes we will take you to the local lumberyard to select and purchase your lumber - we have negotiated a student discount.
"Consistent with its values and beliefs and in accord with the relevant federal and state statutes, the Port Townsend School of Woodworking and Preservation Trades does not discriminate in the admission of students, appointment of staff, or recruitment of members of the Board of Directors or other volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, or sexual orientation."